Re: RH 8.0 installation hangs

I had the same problem with my upgrade on several
machines.  I even went back and re-burned the CDs
at a lower speed thinking I might have a media or
drive compatibility issue.  The only machine I
could install "from CD" on, was the one I used to
burn the CDs.  To work around the problem, I ended
up making a boot floppy, and when asked for the
location of media, answered hda and the partition
that held the iso images.  Odd, because I could
read the CDs from all the machines I upgraded.
Rather than networking the iso images, I made new
images on each machine from the same CDs that the
installer could not read.

Dan Liston