Mylex DAC960 problem

Hello, all.

I've got an old VA Linux box that was running Mandrake 8.0.  We're trying to
standardize on Redhat, so we got a copy of Redhat 8 and installed it - the
installation was great, went smoothly, then we rebooted.

After the reboot, it got past Grub, started booting, and then took 15
minutes, spewing fairly long errors, and finally died on the DAC960 boot
banner (it's got a Mylex DAC960PRL aka AccelRaid card in it).  I found a
message on the Redhat 7.3 mailing list about it being a grub bug, so just in
case I switched to lilo (used the install cd and booted into rescue mode)
and it still died at the same point.

I read somewhere else on another list (I'm a google fiend) about it needing
to boot with "linux adic" and tried that with no luck either.  I've opened a
support ticket about it, but I figured I'd try the list here too, just in
case someone had some experience with it.

Thanks,
Nicholas