Samba and Linux groups

Title: Samba and Linux groups

Can someone explain or point me to an explanation of how the samba share write list is related to a Linux files system group?

Background:
winbind is running w/delimiter "+"
windows domain "xxx" and group "clients"
Linux chgrp xxx+clients /home/clients
samba share name: clients
write list @xxx+clients

Problems:
1) If the group on the directory does not match the write list I cannot write to the directory.  This seem to limit the write list a single group.

2) If you specify users in the write list does this override the Linux group?
3) I need to have one group (not everyone)  to be allowed read access and another group read-write to the directory

Thanks,

John Raif

Magneti Marelli Powertrain USA, Inc.
Sr. Systems Programmer/Analyst