Never mind (was: Re: Setting X resources?)

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, I wrote:

> > [1] This is a change from previous RHL releases, where ~/.Xdefaults was
> > used.  Is it documented anywhere?
>
> Actually, the problem is different.  Xemacs opens in the correct size for
> 12pt fonts, but the window does not scale when I change the font size.
> This is different from the behavior of Xemacs in RH 7.3.  How can I make
> the frames scale with the fonts now?

Apparently there is a font-lock option which is now on by default.
Setting it to off in .xemacs/custom.el solves the problem.

So the only remaining question is, why the change from .Xdefaults to
.Xresources and how are we supposed to know?

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs@clemson.edu