RE: Psyche-list digest, Vol 1 #263 - 13 msgs

Tony Nugent wrote:

>On Mon Oct 21 2002 at 13:26, Alan Peery wrote:
>
>> John BouAntoun wrote:
>>
>> >One other point, can anyone point me to a quick HOWTO on how to
>> >setp up a client for a windows-served VPN. Most of the docs I've
>> >found mention how to setup a Linux VPN Server, but I just want to
>> >be able to connect to the office from my home RH8 machine. This
>> >would really help convinvce my boss to migrate to Linux.
>
>> Search the archives.  Someone pointed at a PPTP client just recently.
>>
>> Alan
>
>There's one at sourceforge, and freshmeat is also worth a look.
>Both the server and the client work just great (especially the
>server, I use it a lot for connecting remote windows clients).  Be
>sure to grab the src.rpm files and rebuild and install the binaries
>for your rh80 box.  (freshrpms might also be worth checking,
>pre-built rpms for rh80 may already be available there).
>
>Cheers
>Tony

Thanks for your help guys, just one thing though. They don't really have any documentation on how to use the pptp client. I tried grabbing it from sourceforge, but the documentation is outdated. I assumed it would just add another network gateway, but it doesn't seem to have done it.

Is there anyone with pptp client experience who can tell me how to actually use it from rh8.0. I'm assuming that once i get the pptp client running I simply use samba to get to the office shares, am I correct?