Re: changing the LANG setting so that man pages work

--snip--
> > alias man='LANG=C man'
>
> that's definitely another option, and it's what i'm doing at
> the moment.  (great minds think alike.  or is it, fools seldom
> differ?  i always get those two confused. :-)
>
> i guess i'm curious if the LANG setting in 8.0 adversely affects
> anything else for which a different LANG setting should be used.
> always open to other suggestions.
>
> rday

 IIRC  there has been traffic about acroread b0rking on the $LANG

I'm too lazy to find the exact thread today but I'll do so tomorrow

--
Tony Placilla   anthony_placilla@suth.com

Keeper of the Clue-by-4

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."