Re: up2date

On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 19:20, Scott Foley wrote:
> I click on the red exclamation update button and the popup says I need
> to supply the root password. I enter the root password and I get another
> window with the recommended updates for my system. Then I click the
> up2date button and I get this message:
>
> Error Message:
>     Please run rhn_register as root on this client
> Error Class Code: 9
> Error Class Info: Invalid Server Certificate.
> Explanation:
>      An error has occurred while processing your request. If this
> problem
>      persists please submit a bug report to rhn-help@redhat.com.
>      If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
>      details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
>      details on how to reproduce this problem.
>

> Anybody seen this? What can I do to get the updates?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Scott
There are a number of reasons to get this error.
The most common is that the system is not yet registered at RH.
It can happen if your system time has changed since registering.
This can make it so that the certificate has expired or is being
generated in the future.
I have had this happen for no apparent reason from X and opened
up a terminal su root and used the up2date command from the CLI
and had it work perfectly.
The command rhn_registar works the command line as well.

Jim Scott

Of course maybe you shouldn't listen to me.  I'm unemployed.