RPM mess

Hi there

I have some RPM packages installed in my linyx box that are not being
recognized by the package manager (the program similar to gnoRPM) is there
any way to fix this problem ???

i.e. I have AbiWord installed an the package manager says I do not, I try to
un-install AbiWord and the system says I haven't AbiWord installed, I try to
install a new version of AbiWord and the system says AbiWord is already
there and that some RPMs conflict with other older files.

can anybody help me with this issue???

Red Hat Newbie