Re: Compiling lm_sensors 2.6.5

Robert L. Cochran wrote:

> Has anyone tried compiling lm_sensors version 2.6.5 on an 8.0 system?
> The INSTALL document is a little hard to understand. I'm confused by
> the compilation options listed and the suggestion that I download a
> vanilla kernel tree from kernel.org rather than use a distro kernel
> tree (such as the Red Hat kernel, I suppose.)
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Cochran
> Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

Yes, the instructions are confusing. IIRC, you have two options, to just
compile the modules , or to compile a new kernel. I just compiled the
modules, and it worked fine for me after some tweaking.  8.0 already has
version 2.6.3 in rpm fromat....do you really need the 2.6.5 version?

Check the instructions again. I think the 'kernel compile' portion is
mainly for older kernels  ( like 2.2 and < ) , which did not have
adequate i2c support.