Re: Ximian Evolution question

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 07:19, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi All Folks,
>
> Kindly advise how to delete selected messages in Trash box, not to empty
> the whole box.  I tried highlighting messages to be deleted and clicked
> "Edit - Delete".  It did not work.

My understanding is that the "Trash" folder is a virtual folder in
Evolution that shows all deleted messages from all the real folders.
When you delete a message from another folder, it is not moved to the
Trash folder, it is just marked as deleted (a line drawn through it),
and it is only shown in the virtual Trash folder.

The only way to delete items in the Trash is to use Actions / Empty
Trash from the menu which then permanently deletes the deleted messages
in ALL folders.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Keith