KDE console fonts problems

Dear Everybody,

I'm experiencing problems with fontmaps under RH 8.0.
The Linux box has a US keybord, and the language is
set to US English. Using the X terminal under Gnome
everyting is fine, when I use KDE the formatting of
the text looks odd some special fonts are mixed with
plain text, rendering man pages etc. etc. difficoult
to read. The same happens for external connections to
the machine, as with ssh.

After reading "men setfonts" I was not able to fix the
problem.

Could anybody help on this ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Andrea.