From: Gerry Kirk [mailto:gerry_kirk@alumni.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 11:58 AM
To: rh8
Subject: Re: Unable to sync my Handspring Visor

I used the update you mentioned. The wizard still cannot connect to my
handheld. I selected /dev/pilot, because I can't use a COM port. Maybe
there is a problem there, because there is no /dev/pilot file at the
moment. I'm not sure what dev file to point it to.

- Gerry

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 10:49, Quentin Wright wrote:
> Gerry Kirk wrote:
>
> >Has anyone got this working? I've tried using Gnome-Pilot, because I
> >want to sync my contacts with Evolution, but using the wizard, it
> >doesn't do the initial sync.
> >
> >TIA,
> >Gerry
> >

> What is required is a patched version of the Pilot/Handspring Tool which
> has a "Conduits" tab. This can be found at
> http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/gnome-pilot/
> <http://people.redhat.com/%7Ekatzj/gnome-pilot/>
> I have been able to get the datebook and todo information synchronising,
> but not the addresses. Things are obviously still a "work in progress".
>

> Regards, Q
>

> --
Gerry Kirk
IT consulting for a just world