Re: Linksys WPC 11 Version 3?

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 17:46, HoytDuff wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 04:20 pm, Rik Thomas scribbled in crayon on a
> yellow legal pad:
> > Has anyone been able to get this to work?  Looks like everything out
> > there is for version 2?
> >
> > Anyone have any wireless cards that work "right out of the box?"
> >

> Add the following to /etc/pcmcia/config and Red Hat 8 will autodetect the card
> when inserted. This works for the WPC11 v3 I have (and the D-Link 650 v3 as
> well). You may need to adjust the entries. Look at the output of
> #dump_cis -v
>
> I also had to comment out the entry for the "Intersil Prism2 11Mbps Wireless
> Adapter" becuse it has an identical manfid, but the wrong driver.
>
> card "Instant Wireless Network PC"
>   manfid 0x0274, 0x1613
>   bind "orinoco_cs"
>

> Ths entry works with a D-Link 650 v3:
>
> card "Link DWL-650 11Mbps WLAN Card"
>   #version "Version 01.02"
>   manfid 0x0156, 0x0002
>   bind "orinoco_cs"
>
> Does anyone know how to use tuples for these ID sections?

What the heck are tuples? I've seen several cards in the config file
with this keyword and it looks the same as the manfid line to me.

Also in some distros, but not RH8, there's an entry for an Intel card
that close to my Anypoint II card, but the manfid differs by one number.
I never removed that one and it works fine when I add mine in.

Don