Re: Window frame Capture Utility for Linux

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 21:28, Wolfgang Gill wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone come across a GUI window capture utility for Linux??? (To quote
> 'cough' Windblows, When you have an open and highlighted window. One can
> press 'ALT_PRT-SCR' to copy that entire window to a clipboard. Then paste it
> in an Editor (With graphics capabilities) or Word processor etc..)
>
> This would be handy for emailing GUI error screens and stuff. And/or to
> create help screens and the like..

Uh, dude? ALT-PRINTSCREEN does almost exactly what you ask of it in Red
Hat Linux 8.0's Gnome desktop. (Admittedly I didn't know that until I
tried it, but it does work!) It allows you to save the screenshot as a
.png, then you can open an editor and have at it.

--
Chris Kloiber