Psyche hangs with rack-mount Dell 2650 in multiprocessor mode?

Sorry if this has been discussed, I just joined this list.

We have a brand new rack-mount Dell PE 2650 on which we loaded Red Hat 8.0.
Problem is it crashes within 30 minutes when in multi-processor mode (no
errors anywhere, just freezes).  Anyone experiencing this?

It came with Red Hat 7.2 or 7.3 installed, but we didn't run it that way
long enough to know if that was stable.  It does not crash in
single-processor mode.

We've updated the Dell's firmware, called Dell, and done general research,
but are striking out.  We were getting "Missing CPU 1", "Missing CPU 2", and
"Volt Core CPU" (or something like that) errors on the Dell's LCD until we
updated the firmware and pulled the power for 2 minutes.  It DOES have 2
processors, though we haven't reseated them yet.

Other details:  it has 2G RAM, 2 disks mirrored and 3 disks RAIDed, and so
on...