Re: Where is my terminal text editor?

In addition to nano and joe, there is a text editor in
Midnight Commander (the "mc" package).	Also, if you
want to know an editor that is on every linux system
without exception, vi (AKA vim) is the one.  It doesn't
take much time to learn a few basic commands (less than
20) and you could be functional with a tool that will
handle practically any editing task.
A. Becker

because I always type startx when I log in anyway. But one thing I did
notice was that I couldn't find a terminal editor anywhere