Re: Hyper Threaded Pentium 4

Xeons are workstation/server processors.  They can be used in uni or multi
processor systems.  You can in fact run just one.  Random google seach on
"xeon" and "workstation" brings up:
http://www.hp.com/workstations/products/winnt/x4000/summary.html

As you can see you can happily run it as a single or dual processor
system...

And as for why one instead of two... true I'd rather have a single 2.8 GHz
processor instead of dual 1.4's.  But price is a consideration.  One 2.8 GHz
Processor =  $470 on pricewatch.com.  Two P4 1.4 GHz processors =  $278.
But then again, if money isn't a concern I'd rather have dual 2.8 GHz
processors.  Or I'd just wait to see if I could get dual 3.06 GHz processors
hooked up on or after October 25th.

6.12 GHz... wouldn't that be sweet.

Tom's Hardware has some bits about HyperThreading here: