Re: Xpdf ??

Tom Diehl wrote:
>>On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 05:46:13PM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
 >>>
>>>Does anyone know the magic incantation to make xpdf display the redhat
>>>manuals in a typesize that is readable? when I open up the manuals
>>>the type size is so small I cannot read them. If I set the magnification
>>>to 4 or 5 to make the type big enough to see the letters are all choppy
>>>that it is hard to read. I started to read teh xpdf docs but I am not
>>>sure what to set or even if that is the correct path. Is there a better
>>>way to do this??
>
> I suspect you may be correct but I am not sure where to look or what to
> change. Whatever font it is displaying in it also prints in and it is
> way too small for my old fart eyes. :) The font I am running the display
> in I have no problem reading. I just wish I understood the relationship
> between the two, if any.

Which particular manual? I don't have any PDF manuals from RHL-8.0.
Is this from the docs CD?

I checked xpdf using the Lilo docs and ps2pdf. The PostScript in
ghostview and the PDF in acroread and xpdf all looked the same.
So xpdf sems to be OK.

Do you have the manual in PostScript or some other format
HTML or SGML? That migh help determine the font and size
used.

	-Thomas