general system benchmark/perf test?

Is there a general system performance / benchmark test available that
will run on RH8?

I ask because I have installed RH8 on several systems now.
Yesterday I installed on a "faster" system but which seems to be
performing much more slowly.
The problem is it "seems" to be slower but there is no clear indicators
of what is slower.

Thus I'm looking for some tests which can provide some objective proof
of system
and subsystem performance (disk, display, network, ...) which I can use
for comparison
and as indicator of where the problem might be.

For example, I have found specialized tools such as bing for networks
and Adaptec's disk performance tools very helpful to isolate problems.

I also think others are in need of this kind of tool.
There has been a lot of posts (and a couple of articles) wherein the
person seemed to be
experiencing terrible performance while others thought similar systems
where speedy.
Is this a difference in perception or was there a hw/config problem?
I simple performance measure might REALLY help isolate and solve these
problems.

Thanks
R.Parr
Temporal Arts