Re: Dual-Head System w/o Xinerama

James Kaufman wrote:

> I have two monitors and two video cards. One is Matrox G400. The
> other is an S3/Virge. I have run them as two separate monitors under
> Psyche and KDE, but haven't figured out how to do this using GNOME.

The current version of Gnome doesn't support two (or more) independent
desktops as KDE does. So it's not possible in the moment.

There is ongoing developement to support it and it is scheduled for one
of the next versions (if I remember correctly 2.2 end of this year).

> Another piece of the puzzle is when I start in GNOME, my left
> monitor is perfectly fine. The right one is blank; however, I can
> move my mouse to the second monitor and see a cross hair. I just
> can't do anything with the second monitor.

That's normal. XFree does recognice and handle both monitors, but Gnome
will not display a desktop on the second one.

Peter