Re: Pysche and DVD

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 17:31, Michael Weiner wrote:
> however i cannot get ogle, or even livid apps to work correctly as the
> system doesnt recognize the dvd tracks on disk in the drive. Can anyone
> give me any additional pointers? Whats everyone's favorite player? And
> how does one really get these types of devices work properly?

Since there are no other answers yet, I'll stroll in with my immediate
thoughts to what could be the problem. (Only just installed DVD)

Which packages did you install for Ogle?
Have you installed the libdvdread and libdvdcss- my guess might be in
the direction of you trying to run an encrypted DVD without the
libraries to decrypt it.
You didn't mention a /dev/dvd do you have that?
(I think I read here recently that it may just be a link to
/dev/cdrom?).

This might be enough to point you in the right direction...
... if not then hopefully someone else will offer their solution.

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP
:	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk