Re: Gnome menu edit

Am Sam, 2002-10-12 um 17.59 schrieb Havoc Pennington:
> .... There should not be a "break my UI"
> button.

That button worked very well in all prior versions of Gnome. It did not
"break" my UI, but I could intentionally try different UIs / WMs and
decide which one to use according to my working habits. And I could
switch if I changed my mind.

Now I can switch if I know about special not documented procedures. The
support to change the WM was one facility whiche made the difference
between Gnome and KDE. It's gone now. If I look for a unified,
monolithic desktop, KDE is the choice. If I look for a flexible and
configurable desktop, Gnome *was* the choice.

By the way: Are there plans to add to Metacity support for the third
mouse button as in sawfish, which opens a pop up applications menu (same
as the start button of the panel)?

Peter