Re: Playing Ogg files with Xmms

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 17:34, Mikkel Riis wrote:
> I got a very basic question. I just encoded some .wav files to 128 bit
> Oggs. However I unable to load them into Xmms. I checked and the plugin
> for ourputting Oggs appears to be installed. WHen I doubleclick the Ogg
> file or load it through Xmms, nothing happens, it doesn't even show in
> the dispay or the playlist. Mp3's work fine.

Could you post the commands you used to encode the file.

If you have a webserver available you could post a link to a small
sample .ogg that doesn't work also.

You could also look at the program ogg123 which is probably installed on
your system.  See if it will play with that, and if not, perhaps it will
show errors on screen (console app).

-Ryan