Playing Ogg files with Xmms

Hello to the list,

I,m new around here and decided to follow the list for a while.

I got a very basic question. I just encoded some .wav files to 128 bit
Oggs. However I unable to load them into Xmms. I checked and the plugin
for ourputting Oggs appears to be installed. WHen I doubleclick the Ogg
file or load it through Xmms, nothing happens, it doesn't even show in
the dispay or the playlist. Mp3's work fine.

I would be very happy if someone has got a take on this. Any suggestions
?

I'm not a newbie with Linux. Just with RedHat and Ogg :-)

Cheers

Mikkel Riis