Re: News gateway

On Saturday 12 October 2002 03:06, Chris Kloiber wrote:
> I don't think that's likely to ever happen. procmail is your friend, let
> it sort the email for you.

I suspect that he looks at the subject and then deletes or reads the message
-- sort of dynamic, wet-ware filtering.  He can do than with a news group but
not with local mail readers.

Although I would not use it, I can see where some might want to.  Red Hat does
have a news server: news.redhat.com and does support some mailing lists on it
including the monster redhat-list and enigma-list.  It is not unreasonable to
ask for it on this list.

However, I also have experience with companies that ONLY offer newsgroups
(vmware) and I much prefer the mailing list.

Gene