Re: Gnome menu edit

On Saturday 12 October 2002 07:55 am, Anthony Abby wrote:
> >Same for me. However you can't stay at 7.3 forever with all the changes
> >with gcc going on.
> >So a bit of enlightment from RH's side about where the distro is heading
> >would ease my
> >headache. I believe that RH should generate a new sub-Personal distro
> >from the current
> >8.0 tree and call it migration or whatever. And then please offer a set
> >of RPMs to bring it back to
> >the well-known standards base we knew.
> >
> >I mean there is not much choice in the real pro distros here. From my
> >point of view Debian
> >is the only one coming close.
> >
> >But these are just my ? 0,02.
>
> Well that is certainly true to an extent.  There will indeed come a time
> when support for 7.3 drops off and at that time, unless a capability to
> restore true KDE in RH is present, I'll be switching to Mandrake.
>
> Right now restoring KDE to RH is just too much trouble and too time
> consuming.
>
> Anthony
Unfortunately, even Mandrake's starting to slack off a bit in the "customer
relations' department. Yeah, I see where you're coming from believe me, 8.0
is NOT all it's cracked up to be, hell, half the stuff that's supposed to go
into menus doesn't any more, so I have to search where it was supposed to go,
TRY to add it there manually, or, like in the case of liquid, just use the
command that is supposed to be getting me there.

Unfortunately, try telling that to the people who 'think' they know what
everyone's thinking, but could care less about anything but your $$$.. Talk
about complete Micro$oft here, that's exactly where it's headed.