Re: recording a baseline for psyche configuration

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>  more than once, after i configure a version of redhat and
>have had it running for a while, i'm curious how some feature
>has changed since the initial install.  so i'm considering
>doing another install and taking a snapshot of the system
>config files immediately after the install for comparison
>purposes.
>
>  besides making a copy of all of /etc, are there any
>other files/directories that would be worth saving for
>this reason?  thanks.
>
>rday

Since I am using VMWare extensively I am installing every version of
RH (default-everything) into a VMware session, save the file to CD and
reference that. I found that much easier to do. There is a vmware script to
mount these volumes.

Cheers,
Bernd