Problems with Netscape7

I know this is not strictly a Redhat8 question,
but perhaps someone has a few tips or can tell
me where to send my question:

I just tried to install Netscape7 on both solaris
and linux, but I had a lot of problems:

First of all, all of the command line options from
Netscape 4.78 have been removed. You cannot set the
geometry on the command line. You cannot specify
-iconic on the command line, it takes forever to
start up. And worst of all, it frequently hangs when
I try to go to different webpages. The only work-
around is kill -9 and restart.

I think perhaps the non-support of the command line
switches has to do with the fact that Netscape7 is
not built with Motif anymore.

Furthermore, it won't allow you to type in the
location bar, and it won't launch the Acrobat5
plugin. I copied the Acrobat5 plugin to the plugin
directory, but Netscape7 still launches Acrobat4

And, in general, the whole browser is so slow.
It takes forever to do the smallest things.

Has anyone else had better experience with Netscape7
on Unix?

Earlier, when I had the same problems with Netscape
6.x I tried to send a detailed bugreport to Netscape,
but I never heard a thing back.

It is quite disappointing that everytime Netscape
releases a new browser, the functionality and speed
get consistently worse and worse.

I should say that these problems occur only on the
Unix versions. The windows version seem to work fine.

Perhaps I should consider another Unix browser?

Thanks

--
Freddy Jensen, Sr. Computer Scientist, Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704, USA, Ph: (408) 536-2869