GnuPG Digital Email Signatures

I notice that some of you are using digital signatures now, and I want
to do that also. Is there a good getting-started document on this,
especially with respect to digitally signing emails in Evolution?

When I see a digitally signed mail from, say, Michael Schwendt, I'm
invited to click on the "lock" icon which appears below the text of his
mail. The lock opens and I get several lines of text to he effect that
the authenticity of the email could not be verified because the public
key isn't available. Since Michael is not including his public key in
the email -- at least, Evolution shows me nothing -- I assume he (and
several others) are using key servers. How can I point Evolution to the
right key servers?

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA