Re: LANG=en_US.UTF-8

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:37:51 -0700
Jim Zimmerman <jzimmerman@malyswest.com> wrote:

# I am running a new install of RH8.  I had been having trouble with
# character display in ncurses displays and man pages.  I started
# comparing some of my variable definitions to those on my 7.3
# machine.  I noticed that the LANG variable was defined as
# en_US.UTF-8 on my 8.0 machine, and en_US on my 7.3 machine.  I
# temporarily changed the variable to en_US on my 8.0 machine, and
# this seemed to resolve the issue.  How will this change impact other
# applications, and where this variable is defined so I can change it
# globally?

It will effect any terminal emulator that cannot understand UTF chars.
 /etc/sysconfig/i18n is the file where you can set LANG globally.

--
Jesse Keating
j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: