Re: X kicks user out of session, locks up system

I have the same issue.  Running an Asus A75266-D with a Radeon VE card and
dri.  When the screen saver locks it up I can't even ssh in from another
machine to shut it down.  There is no info I could ever find in the logs that
was of any use.  I had the same issue with Red Hat 7.3  I am guessing it has to
do with dri support and the fact that I am using this particular video card.

Rather than mess with disabling dri "because I want it" I just set the screen
saver to blanking only and this saves some cpu cycles and runs rock solid.

Matt.