Re: Samba and Encrypted Passwords

Bob;

Understood. I was making what I thought was a tremendous effort, but if
I had just done what it says in section 16.2.1 of the RH8 Customization
Guide, I could have saved myself hours of time. Of course, I wouldn't
know half as much about Samba as I do now...

Here's another somewhat related question for you then; I have my little
net behind a hardware firewall (Linsys BEFSR41), but I still want the
software firewall running on my linux box. So I choose High Security in
the Security Level GUI app, and in the text entry box at the bottom I
put "135:tcp, 137:tcp, 139:tcp" (no quotes in the box) to open the
netbios ports. Is this correct and complete?