unable to build a i386 kernel from src.rpm

Hi,

This sounds like a really weird question, but for some reason I'm having
unable to build a i386 kernel from the 2.4.18 src rpm from the sources
cd (and the website as well).

Doing the usual:

rpmbuild --ba --target i386 kernel-2.4.18-14.src.rpm

only builds:
i386/kernel-source-2.4.18-14.i386.rpm
i386/kernel-doc-2.4.18-14.i386.rpm
i386/kernel-BOOT-2.4.18-14.i386.rpm

I've added enabled some extra  options, redone all the configs and
amended some info the the kernel name (as per spec file) and put them
back into the SOURCES directory, so it will build a new rpm of the
kernel.

yet the first few lines when building the rpm states its building for
i386, I've also tried it without as well and the same files are built.
I'm going to try for a i686 and see what happens.

Have RH changed anything at all, but looking at the spec file,
It looks ok.

Mark

--
---
Universal Truths:

"SEEKING CANDIDATES WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF EXPERIENCE"
You'll need it to replace three people who just left.