Re: Mildly pissed, was Re: Modem lights applet displays nothing....

Feeley wrote:
>From the usernetctl man pages:
>
> usernetctl  is  not  really meant to be called directly by
>        users, though it currently works fine  that  way.
>
> So, apparently users aren't supposed to use usernetctl!

oops!

/etc/network-scripts/if(up|down) -> /sbin/if(up|down).
/sbin/if* is a script, if uide !=0 it calls
usernetctrl to see if users can control the interface.
usernetctrl is compiled, I'd have to look at the source to see.

Strange. With a name like usernetctl I'd expect it to be
the user interface for interface control. I guess it's a
bug in the dialer app, it should default to the full path.

	-Thomas