Re: Cisco VPN and GCC 3.2

tor 2002-10-10 klockan 07.22 skrev Brad Kittredge:
> Well, Psyche has been a great release for me so far, with the exception
> that I haven't figured yet how to get around this problem:  I've tried
> to install the Cisco VPN client software, and it apparently installs
> fine, but when I load the client software, the following message
> appears:
>
> Starting /usr/local/bin/vpnclient:
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/CiscoVPN/cisco_ipsec:
> The module you are trying to load
> (/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/CiscoVPN/cisco_ipsec)
> is compiled with a gcc
> version 2 compiler, while the kernel you are running is compiled with
> a gcc version 3 compiler. This is known to not work.
> Failed (insmod)
>
> I understand that 'insmod' can force the module with the '-f' switch,
> but alas, to no avail as yet as to getting the client to work.
>
> If anyone has a solution to this problem (other that waiting/hoping that
> Cisco will release a new version of their vpn client software) then I'd
> be mighty grateful.

I've been strunggling with exactly the same problem, but didn't find a
solution. I bet Cisco has a new version available by now (the update
fairly often), if I could only log into CCO (I just get errors after
login on the new Cisco site).

I "fixed" the problem at home by setting up a small PIX 501 and an IPSec
tunnel to the office, but I do need the VPN client when on the road.

/Robert