Re: Bleeding edge blues

Allan M. Stewart wrote:

>Someone threw a bunch of money at a vendor and we wound up with:
>
> Intel Server Board SE7500WV2 with Intel E7500 chipset
> 2 gig mem
> Adaptec 2110 raid controller (also tried adaptec 3410 raid and
>    onboard Adaptec SCSI but still no joy)
> 2X Intel Pentium 4 1.80AGHz processors
> all for install in SR2300 rack chassis
>

>Redhat 7.3 installs fine, but on reboot after install we get:
>
>Linux...
>
>and nothing else. It just hangs there forever.
>
>8.0 also installs fine but after grub screen, it hangs with error:
>
>Error 28: Selected item can not fit into memory
>
>I tried passing mem=2048M and mem=1024M to the boot image, thinking that
>it was failing to probe the memory, but it didn't help.
>

>I'd really hate to see this become a windoze box.
>Thanks for any clues.

  I've got a number of these systems running null, and 8.0.  The 1st
thing to do with this box is turn off legacsy USB support.  (Something
to do with lack of bios memory space.)  I really suggest this on all of
intel's SE7500 boards.  I believe that will solve your grub issue.  (At
least as far as I remember I'm using lilo currently.)