Searching messages in Evolution

First off, I'm disappointed because there doesn't seem to be a way
to search all (or some) messages for a string. Kmail had this. You can
search the current message in Evo.

The weird thing is that I started on Valhalla-list digest, Vol 1 #1464 -
12 msgs, which has the string "memory" in 2 places. I used the
Evo menu Edit->Search Message and entered the string "memory".
In this message there are 2 occurences of that string.
The string "memory" disappears from the message. Completely!

I'm sure it's probably a font issue, but this is a plain vanilla
fresh install. Not an upgrade, no weird options.

Apologies if this is a repeat, I'm having trouble keeping up with the
volume.

Allan