Re: Searching messages in Evolution

Allan M. Stewart wrote:

>First off, I'm disappointed because there doesn't seem to be a way
>to search all (or some) messages for a string. Kmail had this. You can
>search the current message in Evo.
>
>The weird thing is that I started on Valhalla-list digest, Vol 1 #1464 -
>12 msgs, which has the string "memory" in 2 places. I used the
>Evo menu Edit->Search Message and entered the string "memory".
>In this message there are 2 occurences of that string.
>The string "memory" disappears from the message. Completely!
>
>I'm sure it's probably a font issue, but this is a plain vanilla
>fresh install. Not an upgrade, no weird options.
>
>Apologies if this is a repeat, I'm having trouble keeping up with the
>volume.
>
>Allan

I just tried doing a search (clicked on Inbox to get to the inbox), then
in the top space, I selected "Body contains" from the pulldown next to
the pulldown button that says "Search", typed my search string in the
box to the right, and clicked on "Find Now". Worked as I expected, and
found strings in different emails....working for me....  :)