Orinoco Gold PCMCIA and WEP

Hi All,

I have an IBM Thinkpad 600E laptop with an Orinoco Gold card and Netgear ME102 access point. I have the card properly configured and working flawlessly without WEP. I am aware of the insecurities with WEP but it does add another hurdle the attacker must take time to overcome and I would like to get it working.

An lsmod shows the orinoco modules loaded, and I've set up the encyption key, I've tried using both 40/64 and 128 bit wep configurations, but none of them work. As soon as I enable wep on the access point, the card can't identify it and I can't connect. Does the orinoco module out of the box support wep, or do I need a different module and/or driver?  Do I have to recompile the kernel? Sorry I don't have any config files or output messages, but I'm at work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kevin Lisciotti, CISSP
IT Audit - FRB Boston
617-973-3039