Re: Problem with ISO 3

>From: jerry ely <jerry_ely@comcast.net>
>Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 11:02:39 -0400
>
>I had similar problems. It turned out my burner was rated faster than the
>media. Are you burning the media at rated speed or below? My instance I
>have
>a 32x writer but have some 16x media laying around....

I never burn an ISO faster than 4x. I still can't get it to burn correctly
and I can't figure out the problem. I use DAO in Easy Creator 5 Basic. In
Nero (5.5.something) it doesn't give me an option to choose how I would like
to burn the file, it just burns it. And by using 4x on both I can never get
it to burn correctly. I have used the media check on multiple CD-ROMs/CS-RWs
on my other computers.. all say FAIL. So it is either the media, the
verbatim 1x - 48x, (going to try Maxell CDs tonight) or it is my burner. I
may try the following if I can't get the the ISO's to burn correctly:

From: "Chip" <chip@fluidgravity.com>

>I don't specifically know of an App in Linux to mount an ISO and pull
>RPM's off it but there is one for Windows.  Matter of fact, that's how I
>installed RH 8.0.  I downloaded all the ISO's then mounted it and copied
>all of the files into a folder on my Win Box.  Next I setup an FTP
>server on my Windows box.  I made the boot floppies for RH 8.0 and told
>it to install via FTP server and pointed it to my Windows box.  Across a
>100Mb Network the install is very fast.
>
>Daemon Tools (Used to mount an ISO in Windows):
>http://www.daemon-tools.com/
>Nifty little FTP Server:  http://www.tucows.com/preview/195547.html
>
>Enjoy!

Does anyone know of any other windows software for burning CDs other than
the two I mentioned above?