printing multiple pages under Konqueror

I've been trying to figure out how to fit 2 pages onto
one printed page when printing under Konqueror. I've
tried:

1. Set 'pages per sheet' to 2 in the properties dialog
box for the printer. But the printout turned out to be
too small too read (with a large margin).

2. Add a 'multiple page' filter and configure it to
fit 2 pages onto one. The printout is clear and crisp,
but the 2nd page (the right one) was truncated because
it's out of printing area.

I'm in US and I set the paper size to US Letter in
both cases. Also I set duplex printing to 'long side'.
My question is then: is there a way to have both clear
and not truncated printout (fitting 2 pages onto one)?

Thanks,

Ben