Re: GCC problem: relocation error: undefined symbol: __dso_handle

* Tor Andre Myrvoll
| The above error message is displayed when I try to run a program
| compiled under RH8.0. More specifically, I get
>
| ./test: relocation error: /home/myuser/lib/mylib.so: undefined symbol: __dso_handle
>
| Any ideas?

After some investiging I see that this problem has been reported
earlier, and that the following solutions were proposed:

        *  downgrade to binutils that don't support .hidden at all,
        *  upgrade to a recent binutils, or
        *  undef the HAVE_GAS_HIDDEN definition in gcc's auto-host.h (and rebuild gcc).

I don't care much for the first and last solutions, and aren't the
RH8.0 binutils pretty recent?

--
- Tor Andre Myrvoll
Multimedia Communication Research Lab