Re: nautilus smb: browsing

Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have problem browsing my windows LAN with nautilus. When typing "smb:" in
> location bar, it lists computers on network, when I double click on
> computer, it asks for user name and password, then displays list of shares
> on the computer. But when I double click share name, it says I have no
> permission to access it. Security log on Win2k machine shows successful
> logon for the user, and then logon failure event for GUEST (guest is
> disabled on most machines). Did anyone manage to do it? Is there any options
> I have to configure? I can connect successfully to same computers with
> smbclient.

That's farther than I can get. smb:// lists the workgroups.
If I select a work group I get the machine names. If I select a machine
I get one file named "Shares on <machine name>" which when clisked give
a dialog: "Can't Display Location" and "Nautilus has no viewer capable
of displaying "smd://<machine>/.directory"

Samba is configured in linux and Solaris to use SERVER level security,
and a password server. All the windows boxes can browse the shares fine,
and use the windows password server to correctly access shares.

Nautilus never even asks for a user name or password.
The samba logs don't show anything, even when I try
smb://<machine>/<share>, while nautilus gives "Couldn't find
'smb://<machine>/<share>'. Please check the spelling and try again."

The same path works in windoze , with '/'->`\` of course.

	-Thomas