Mike A. Harris wrote:
Since our switch to X.Org X11 away from XFree86, the already
low volume on this mailing list has dropped quite a bit, which
I believe is indicative that while not all people upgrade to
each new OS release, the majority of people using our community
OS releases have upgraded to FC2 or later already, and seem to
participate in the various Fedora mailing lists we provide, as
well as the upstream xorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list.

Is the shipping X.Org packages be closer to the upstream versions than the Red Hat XFree86 packages were? If so, the the X.Org list would be more responsive to questions from Fedora/Red Hat uses.

X.Org is likly more responsibve that the XF86 lists were when this one was started.

Fedora development seams is a bit more public than Red Hat Linux was, back when this list started.

I assume nobody here will really have any strong feelings one
way or another, as the list has been mostly dead for quite a
while now, however feel free to respond back to the list if
you have any thoughts about the above plan.

Until/unless Fedora diverges considerably from X.Org sources, you won't see much need for a seperate list. Given that there is no longer a "free" Red Hat product, a public list from Red Hat isn't very useful either. (I would never have asked a Fedora question here)

Most of us know how busy you are anyway. Maybe when the next big thing comes along you revive this list, or similar ... :)

-Thomas