Re: Dual Monitor Setup Radeon 7000 on Redhat 9

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:10:40 -0800 (PST), Norbinn Rodrigo
<webdevlasvegas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got this setup about 90% complete now.  I'm using
> an ATI Radeon 7000 on a Redhat 9 system, using a video
> card splitter which splits the signal two ways.  When
> I startx, both monitors are activated and the desktop
> spans across both screens.  When I move my mouse from
> my left monitor (Screen 0) to my right monitor (Screen
> 1), the right monitor shuts off (power is still on
> though, but the monitor goes blank).  I've followed
> the directions in these threads:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/xfree86-list/2003-June/msg00012.html
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg02080.html

There was a bug in the cursor handling on crtc2 in the version of X
that shipped with rh9.  You can either turn off the hardware cursor on
the second head (option "hwcursor" "false") update to a newer X
release, or grab the fixed server module I generated way back when:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/radeon/430bugfix/radeon_drv.o

Alex