Re: Requesting experiences with dual-DVI cards

--- "William D. Hamblen" <william.d.hamblen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
> > I'm not involved in any way with the Red Hat hardware compatibility
> > list, or adding or removing data from it.  As far as video is
> concerned
> > though, I am more or less the hardware compatibility list,
> regardless of
> > what any HCL may or may not include.  ;o)
>
> I had already reached that conclusion from my reading of this list's
> archives.  :-)  That's why I posted my question here rather than
> relying
> on the HCL - which right now is almost useless for RHEL 3.0.
>
> Anyway, thanks for all the replies.  I'm going to go with two
> separate
> cards (most likely ATI) for our dual-DVI needs.  To provide some
> closure,
> I'll post back (may be a month or two) with my success story.

Just as a word of warning, certain combinations of multiple radeon
cards do not work properly with xfree86 4.3.  A fix for this went in
soon after 4.3 was released, but I don't know if Mike has it in his
build or not (he does keep the radeon driver fairly up to date).  It
should work fine with xfree86 cvs or a 4.4 snapshot.

Alex