ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 in Dell Inspiron

Hi!
  On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Mike Harris posted a notice about support for newer
ATI and nVidia chipsets. I wonder if anyone can tell me where I can find
the patched driver he describes?
  I have a brand-new Dell Inspiron 8600 equipped with an ATI Mobility
Radeon 9000 (ChipID 0x4e50). I've been unable to get any driver other
than "vesa" to recognize the card, including a copy of radeon_drv.o that
I downloaded from the ftp site listed at the end of Mr. Harris's post
(presumably his local ftp directory?). Even with the "vesa" driver,
however, I can't get any of the odd modes to work, such as 1920x1200,
the display panel's native resolution. I've tried adding ModeLines to
the XF86Config file, but no luck. I'm not so much interested in 3D
acceleration (though that would be nice), but I'd really like to get it
going at a full-screen resolution.

Thanks,

-Tim