Re: More on ATI Radeon 9200SE

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 08:02, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> ( ie: ATI Radeon R100, R200, RV200, RV100, R300, etc.)

Thank you for the explanation AND all the work you put into support.

Mike .. do you know of any place where the features of the various ATI
adapters (and/or their respective engines) is described/compared?

I am generally happy with ATI adapters and their support on Linux but would
like to be a bit more informed when I buy a new adapter (I do not need gaming
capability but would also like to get good value for my $$).

Right now it is more a matter of picking a current product which is not "too
new" to be supported by XFree86 and does not cost too much ...  in other
words, it seems like a crap shoot and would really prefer to put my $$ into
the new Opteron system I am building.  ATI seems to have a lot of product
variations but I am very unclear as to what the differences are.  For
example, just what are the differences between a 9200, 9200SE, and 9200PRO?
[I am not looking for a direct answer from you but more interested in a
source of information about ATI adapters.]
--
Gene