Step forward using vga-out

Hi all again!

The situation for why im writing here, is that i can not use the vga-out of my laptop (an acer travelmate 242 with an inter 855gm graphic card), while using the lcd at the same time. I have to choose between LCD or external monitor, but not both (essential for presentations, for example).

Mike, maybe you know why this is happening:

Now when i use i810switch (http://vorlon.ces.cwru.edu/~ames/i810switch/), a crt that i have plugged to the external vga connector, seems to turn on. The sequence is:

-The crt is plugged, but not working, and the led is blanking orange. The laptop's lcd is working.
-I press "fn+f5", and then the crt turns on, working good; the led becomes static green. While doing this, the characteristic sound of the crt's turning on appears (like when opening a can of coke).
-I press "fn+f5" for a second time, and the lcd of my laptop turns on. Then the crt returns to be off with the led blanking orange.
-I run "i810switch crt on". The laptop's lcd is still working; the crt makes that sound (the can of coke opening), and the led becomes static green again, but there is nothing displayed.
-If i run "i810switch crt off", then the situation returns to the first step.

I dont know if this is accurate, but it is like if vcc and ground are working , but not the rest of the pins, so there is signal, but no image is displayed.

I have tried this in a tft with similar characteristics as the laptop's screen has, and happens the same. The led becomes green, and the backlight tuns on, but the screen remains "black".

Does this means that there is a chance of making this work?

Thank you very much.

Regards.