Re: Radeon 9000 & RH 9

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 05:50 PM, Mike A. Harris wrote:

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Nathanael Noblet wrote:

I've been having some problems of late, and I am baffled as to
their cause or possible solution. Here's what is going on.

RH 9 was installed on this machine pretty much as soon as it came out.
It has worked well and flawlessly till yesterday. I went on vacation
for a week. Came home and one roommate had left himself logged in
probably the entire time I was gone (don't know if this is relevant). I
logged him out and then attempted to login.

Roommates can have a devistating effect on wether one's computer works or not, so people tell me. In particular, problems can arise on the computer which are just "magical" and have no explanation, because of course - the roommate *NEVER* changes anything. Honest!

I hear you here, though both room mates are computer illiterate and use it for hotmail and weather checking.

Aside from that, all I can
suggest, is to run:

Check for modified files:
rpm -Va > rpmverify.log

I'll try.

And regenerate a new X config from scratch:
redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig

I've already tried this as well and it fails the errors in the logfile are identical to the others.

(WW) RADEON : No matching Device section fro instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1)
found
(EE) RADEON(0): No Monitor detected!!!
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Any other ideas? -- Nathanael Noblet Gnat Solutions 4604 Monterey Ave NW Calgary, AB T3B 5K4

T/F 403.288.5360
C 403.809.5368

http://www.gnat.ca/